RE: Japanese sites with shift-jis

From: Amruthavakkula, Malini (CORP,Consultant) (Malini.Amruthavakkula@corporate.ge.com)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 15:23:30 EDT

Hi Peter,

We use oracle drivers for ODBC on webserver which is IIS5.0.

Once the data is inserted in database and when we fetch back and look for
string length using ln() function in the ASP Page, it doesn't give us the
right output. Eventhough the characters stored are three, it shows the
string lenth as six. Also it doesn't work with mid(),split() functions.

Thanks in advance,
Malini.