Re: Japanese sites with shift-jis

From: Shigé Takeda (shige.takeda@oracle.com)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 19:11:32 EDT

Although I'm not an expert of ASP, I've started suspecting HTMLencode
and found this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q259352

Not sure related, though...

Among many approaches to identify the source of problem, please try this
quickly.

Use OLE DB instead of ODBC to do the same operation. If you
have a problem, it is likely to be an non-database connection layer
problem, such as HTMLencode.

If you don't have a problem, I recommend you switch to OLE DB.
There are some uncontrollable issues in MSDASQL bridge for
ADO/ODBC use. Some cases can be resolved by my previous
suggestions, but most won't due to the hidden character set conversions.

Regards,
Shigé Takeda
Oracle Corporation