alternate glyphs for U+019D

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 17:56:28 EDT

The published Unicode charts show for U+019D LATIN CAPITAL LETTER N WITH
LEFT HOOK a typeform shaped like N with a hooked leg extending from the
left stem (let's call this the left-hook-N shape). There is another
typeform used, shaped like a large n with a hooked leg extending from the
left stem (i.e. a big version of U+0272 -- let's call this the
left-hook-large-n shape). Does anybody have any information regarding
distribution in usage of these two shapes? I'm aware of the
left-hook-large-n shape being used in W. Africa; can anyone tell me where
the left-hook-N shape is actually used?

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>