Re: Hexadecimal characters.

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 18:44:39 EDT

Kenneth Whistler scripsit:

> In any case, I wonder if Tom could explain what is special about
> hexadecimal expressed with "0".."9", "A".."F", as opposed to
> any other base numeric system that might be in widespread use,
> (duodecimal and vigesimal come to mind) which would lead to a
> particular argument that it should be encoded with a distinct set
> of characters.

Oh, just wait. The next step will be to propose separate characters
for binary 1 and 0. He will also propose these novel glyphs for
hex digits A-F:

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
        --Winston Churchill

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com