Re: Chromatic font research

From: Tex Texin (tex@i18nguy.com)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 21:35:14 EDT

Since it is freely available, I wonder if permission to host and make
the doc additionally available on-line were requested, if it would be
granted.

In the interim, I don't see a legal issue with publishing the direct URL
and making it known from the various sites containing info on i18n- is
there a problem with that?

http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/C027163e.zip

Peter_Constable@sil.org wrote:

> On 06/25/2002 03:21:50 PM Michael Everson wrote:
>
> >"ISO/IEC TR 15285 - An operational model for characters and glyphs"
> >can be had for for 98 Swiss Francs from
> >http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/CatalogueDetailPage.CatalogueDetail?CSNUMBER=27163
>
> The ISO catalog is incredibly annoying in that it doesn't tell you about
> ISO standards that have been made freely available in electronic versions.
> ISO/IEC TR 15285:1998 is freely available at the following location (and
> good luck tracking it down from scratch in the future).
>
> http://isotc.iso.ch/livelink/livelink/fetch/2000/2489/Ittf_Home/PubliclyAvailableStandards.htm??Redirect=1
>
> - Peter

> Peter Constable
>
> Non-Roman Script Initiative, SIL International
> 7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
> Tel: +1 972 708 7485
> E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>

Making e-Business Work Around the World