Re: Chromatic font research

From: William Overington (WOverington@ngo.globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 05:53:38 EDT

Peter Constable wrote as follows.

>It may so seem to you, but this definitely is *not* in the spirit of that
>definition.

May I enquire please as to your reasons for saying so? The document does
not mention markup. I am concerned that a lot of progress for the future
may be being held back just because some people have got it into their minds
as to what should be done and what should not be done and that it is so
firmly entrenched that it is accepted without any need being seen to state
reasons. Please know that I am not declaring that you are wrong, I am just
trying to gather the facts so that I may come to an even-handed opinion
based upon the facts that are presented.

William Overington