Re: Chromatic font research

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 10:31:17 EDT

On 06/28/2002 04:32:07 AM "William Overington" wrote:

>It seems to me that it would be better to
>provide code points for RED and BLACK for this application so that such
>documents could be set and transmitted using plain text rather than markup
>needing to be used obligatorily: an obligation to use markup would prevent
>the desired result being produced using plain text encoding.

I guess if we're going to encode every conceivable notion, everything that
might otherwise have been expressed as an XML tag, we're going to need the
space beyond plane 16 after all, and probably more besides.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>