RE: Can browsers show text? I don't think so!

From: Michael Jansson (mjan@em2-solutions.com)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 04:34:38 EDT

Huhh...? You would select the text and simply copy and paste it, given that
you are using a browser and an OS that does Unicode text. The problem is of
course that some browsers/OS's would not let you do that, which is my whole
point with this mail thread.

The page in question is a dynamic page (it's not the same for all users),
and it will resort into using non-Unicode (so called hack encoding) for
browsers/platforms that do not support Unicode. Note that a Unicode savvy
browser would not have to limit itself to 8-bit character sets on
non-Unicode platforms. It would support Unicode despite the lack of support
from the OS. Unfortunately, there are no Unicode savvy browsers on the
market.

Regards,
em2 Solutions
Michael Jansson