Re: The pointless thread continues

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 12:20:57 EDT

John Hudson wrote:

> Actually, this isn't nonsense. A single buggy font is quite capable of
> crashing an operating system. Obviously the damage is not permanent,
> presuming one is able to get the system started in safe mode and remove the
> offending font.

The original (by Michael Jansson) of this pointless thread said "bad fonts
can seriously damage any OS" -- didn't mention crashing. In EITHER case, I
don't think this is strictly true. Though I don't doubt that *some*
operating systems could be crashed or seriously damaged by a bad font, it
is by no means *all*.

        Rick