RE: Phaistos in ConScript

From: Marco Cimarosti (
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 09:15:50 EDT

John Cowan wrote:
> Marco Cimarosti scripsit:
> > (BTW, what's the English for "trattino obliquo"!?)
> "Slanted hyphen". Sometimes used in dictionaries to show
> syllable breaks
> in lieu of the MIDDLE DOT. There does not seem to be a Unicode
> character for it, though -- at least, I searched NameList in vain.

But the one I am talking about is what we'd call a combining mark, attached
under the signs.

(Having recovered from my lapsus, I'd translate it "small slanted stroke".)

_ Marco

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jul 09 2002 - 07:47:34 EDT