Q: Filesystem Encoding

From: Shlomi Tal (shlompi@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 06:10:58 EDT

Hello Unicoders, I have a question about filesystems. I never use anything
but ASCII characters in filenames, and I would like to know if it is still
justified. Of the various filesystems in use, I know only that the Joliet
CDFS uses UCS-2BE. What about FAT16, FAT32, NTFS and Linux Ext2?

In short: should I still stick to ASCII alone in filenames, or are there
filesystems where I really don't have to anymore? Thanks in advance.