Re: Dublin Conference: Re: ISO/IEC 10646 versus Unicode

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 13:46:54 EDT

At 13:22 -0400 2002-07-23, John Cowan wrote:

>In the context of an international conference, it is surely the organization
>that one represents that is relevant. Again I raise the example of Mr.
>Everson: did you expect him to wear a nametag saying "Ireland/U.S."?
>Would it have led to anything but confusion if he had done so?

I have never represented the U.S. at any conference or in any
capacity. At the Unicode conference I represented Everson Typography
which is based in Ireland. At some international standards meetings I
also represent Everson Typography (in Working Groups where only
experts are present), and of course at others like SC2 I am the
NSAI-nominated representative for Ireland.

--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com