Re: logical order (and input method)

From: Samphan Raruenrom (samphan@thai.com)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 16:01:01 EDT

Kenneth Whistler wrote:
> The "Indic model" is largely based on an abstraction of
> the phonology of the language the script is used to write....
> The "Thai model" is a typewriter-derived variant of the
> Indic model that rules out reordrant or surroundrant characters,
> because of the limitations of typewriter technology....

Just a curiosity, I'm a Thai and used to the Thai model so I'm
wondering how other brahmi-derived scripts are
1) typed on typewriter
2) typed on computer keyboard
3) hand-written

That is, are they all using the same (logical) order?

--
Feel free to disclose the contents of this message.

Samphan Raruenrom Information Research and Development Division, National Electronics and Computer Technology Center, Thailand. http://www.nectec.or.th/home/index.html