Re: logical order (and input method)

From: Samphan Raruenrom (
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 16:01:01 EDT

Kenneth Whistler wrote:
> The "Indic model" is largely based on an abstraction of
> the phonology of the language the script is used to write....
> The "Thai model" is a typewriter-derived variant of the
> Indic model that rules out reordrant or surroundrant characters,
> because of the limitations of typewriter technology....

Just a curiosity, I'm a Thai and used to the Thai model so I'm
wondering how other brahmi-derived scripts are
1) typed on typewriter
2) typed on computer keyboard
3) hand-written

That is, are they all using the same (logical) order?

Feel free to disclose the contents of this message.

Samphan Raruenrom Information Research and Development Division, National Electronics and Computer Technology Center, Thailand.