Re: "Missing character" glyph

From: James Kass (jameskass@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 02:16:15 EDT

Doug Ewell wrote:
(Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002)

> Have Last Resort symbols been devised for all the blocks in Unicode,
> including the new ones like Tagalog? Neither Mark Leisher's page nor
> the Apple typography page contains a complete list.
>
> (As a Windows user who seldom finds reason to envy the Mac camp, I have
> to admit that this Last Resort thing is a great idea. I wish it were
> available in Windows.)

Michael Everson's font "Everson Mono Terminal" ships with the Windows
version of Kermit 2.0 and includes "Last Resort"-style glyphs for several
ranges:

  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95.html

Info about the font is in this announcement:

http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95_20_ann.html

Everson Mono Terminal "comes with Kermit 95 2.0 but may not
be further redistributed".

Best regards,

James Kass.