Re: A new word for the English language

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 08:59:31 EDT

On 08/03/2002 03:30:17 AM "William Overington" wrote:

"A new word for the English language"

Correction: a new word for William Overington's ideolect.

We don't need a new word coined for this purpose. Those of us involved in
font development and the digital font industry have managed fine without
it thus far; I don't think any of us have developed any sudden urge for a
new way to express ourselves in technical discussions. And if we did, I
doubt "holomap" is what any of us would choose. We'd probably do some
verbing (so common among English speakers, it seems) and say "cmap" as in
"It is almost never necessary to cmap a ligature glyph."

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>