Re: Digraphs as Distinct Logical Units

From: Philipp Reichmuth (uzsv2k@uni-bonn.de)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 17:27:21 EDT

Hello Roozbeh,

>> or who complained to me about how insufficient Unicode was in not
>> including support for the four Persian letters in these glyph blocks

RP> Huh? Are you talking about the same Persian language I speak?

I think so. Is there more than one? (Not counting Dari & Tajik)

RP> Not only the presentation forms for Peh, Tcheh, Jeh, and Gaf are
RP> there in the Arabic Presentation Forms-A block, but also one can
RP> find Keheh and Farsi Yeh forms there.

Yep... I was sort of expressing myself in an unclear fashion. The
presentation forms are there, but the ligatures contain Arabic letters
only. :-)

  Philipp mailto:uzsv2k@uni-bonn.de
Seeing my great fault / Through darkening blue windows / I begin again