Re: Tildes on vowels

From: William Overington (WOverington@ngo.globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Sat Aug 10 2002 - 02:35:31 EDT

Stefan Persson commented on my suggestion as follows.

>> Well, why not go ahead and decide on two code points within the Private
>Use
>> Area as values for XXXX and XXXY, post them in this list and perhaps that
>> action will lead to that facility becoming available as a facility to
>> document transcribers all around the world.
>
>There have been several messages sent to this list about why this would be
>inappropriate. Just read the answers to some of your recent discussions,
and
>you'll understand what I mean.
>
>Stefan

I wonder if you could please state exactly what you mean as I do not
understand what is the point which you are trying to make.

As far as I am aware, the particular set of circumstances relating to this
particular topic have not been discussed previously.

William Overington