Re: Tildes on vowels

From: Frank da Cruz (fdc@columbia.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 11 2002 - 14:36:55 EDT

> Frank, which font are you using?
> Arial Unicode MS has the problems you describe. If you use James Kass
> CODE2000 you can see them.

I know. But with regular Windows fonts installed you don't seem to make
out very well. It surprises me that combining macron doesn't combine!
In whatever fonts the browsers choose the combining macron is shown as a
spacing character. I'm not a browser or font expert, though, and I have
no idea if this is a shortcoming of the browser, the chosen font, or some
bizarre interaction of different Windows features. But I take that the
page is coded correctly.

- Frank