Re: new version of Keyman

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 04:53:52 EDT

Arsa Peter:
>For those of you interested in Keyman, there's a new version that's been
>under development, with a bunch of very interesting features. I've just
>learned that it's going to be released this Wednesday. See
>www.tavultesoft.com for details.
>
>- Peter

Any news from Apple, about X keyboards for Irish and its sister languages?
I'm thinking, specifically, of the keyboard support utility originally
created by Mícheál Mac Brádaigh of Dublin University, Ireland, and over a
decade of further development/updates and distribution (to 2001) by EGT,
the latest version of which I am using now (which works under System 9, but
not under 10), giving regular writers of Irish, Welsh, etc., quick access
to acutes/graves/circs.

Has Apple's continuous, EGT-driven support effectively been scrapped since
2001, or is there anyone able to speak for Apple today on these lists, who
might have good news for users for whom System 10 is proving too cumbersome
to use without EGT's traditional keyboards - having to press 3-4 keys (Sys.
10), instead of just 2-3 (Sys. 9) is not on?
mg

--
Marion Gunn * EGT (Estab.1991) * http://www.egt.ie *
fiosruithe/enquiries: mgunn@egt.ie * eamonn@egt.ie *