Re: RE: Furigana

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 20:59:38 EDT

> >Michael, you aren't an implementer. When you implement things
> >unambiguously, you may need internal code points in your plain-text
> >stream to attach higher-level protocols (such as formatting properties)
> >to.
>
> That seems to be basically what William Overington is proposing,
> except these characters only handle furigana, instead all markup.

and except that these (what-shoulda-been) noncharacters are internal
use only, not used in open text interchange.

And Microsoft has others of such beasties hiding internally as
anchors for you-don't-wanna-know-what -- also not interchanged.

The point is what consenting adults do behind closed doors to
implement rich text is up to them. I don't know, I don't want to
know, and I don't want it out scaring the horses.

--Ken