Re: Scripts in Unicode 4.0

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 15:33:37 EDT

Theodore H. Smith scripsit:

> Whats the point of having more Latin characters? Do they look
> like normal Roman characters? I think we have a few versions (3
> or more?) of them, already. I thought once was enough.

UPA is like IPA: it exploits certain potentials of Latin script that
aren't normally used (like sidewise and upside-down characters) to represent
phonetic information.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
Assent may be registered by a signature, a handshake, or a click of a computer