Re: Romanized Cyrillic bibliographic data--viable fonts?

From: James Kass (jameskass@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 18:08:09 EDT

J. M. Craig wrote,

> ... The ultimate problem is, I can't find an available font
> that properly supports the combining half marks FE20 and FE21.

Why not use U+0360 and U+0361 instead?

> /ts/
> Unicode 0078 FE20 0077 FE21

...would become:

Unicode 0078 0360 0077

... or, three characters vs. four characters to write the same thing.

> Any suggestions welcomed! Is there a tool out there that will allow you
> to edit a font to add a couple of missing characters?

William Overington has mentioned the Softy editor. Please keep
in mind that fonts are copyrighted material, and, mostly users
are forbidden to modify them, even for internal use purposes.

The best way to get characters added to a font is to ask the
font's developer.

Best regards,

James Kass,
who is now adding U+FE20 .. U+FE23 to the font here.