Re: Latin vowels?

From: Mark Davis (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 10:31:31 EDT

A clarification of the work "generally"; I realize that what
constitutes a vowel is heavily language-dependent. For example, "y",
as has been pointed out, is a vowel in some languages, a consonant in
others, and both (sometimes a vowel and sometimes a consonant) in
others (e.g. English, Spanish).

What I need is just a rough list based on modern usage. For any
particular language that varied from the base list, a delta list would
be required.

Mark

(BTW, I don't understand why you should feel 'guilty' ;-)
http://www.macchiato.com
◄ “Eppur si muove” ►