Re: Latin vowels?

From: Mark Davis (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 10:39:46 EDT

Ah, now I understand the 'guilty' part.

The UTC decided that rather than change the base rules in #29, it
would provide a prominent example of how those rules would be tailored
for French and Italian, citing those rules in that section. So for
that section, the only requirement is the set of letters X for
French/Italian specifically that would break in the sequence LETTER
APOSTROPHE X -- it doesn't have to be all vowels.

I am doing the other list for something unconnected to #29, but we do
need that set X also. However, if I and U are sometimes consonants in
Italian, it does make the #29 apostrophe rules trickier -- unless
those cases are such a small percentage that it is not worth
contorting the rules for.

Mark
http://www.macchiato.com
◄ “Eppur si muove” ►