Re: which is the best UTF mailer

From: Barry Caplan (bcaplan@i18n.com)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 16:13:01 EDT

At 06:50 PM 9/15/2002 +0100, Michael Everson wrote:
>At 10:38 +0100 2002-09-14, John Delacour wrote:
>Explain, please "at the click of a button".... UTF-8 messages don't display in Eudora, which is a very, very, very bad thing. I'm a registered (paid) user of Eudora and have queried Tech Support several times and never had a single response, which is most irritating.

Likewise. I suspect that John might be mixing up display of HTML, which unless configured otherwise, will happen via an embedded Microsoft IE.

>>I am not sure how quickly Eudora will move to Unicode.
>
>Not quickly enough.

I suspect never. New releases come out on a very slow schedule. I don't even understand why Qualcomm, whose real business is making wireless telephone equipment even has such a product. The priority they show it indicates they must wonder too.

Barry Caplan
www.i18n.com