Re: Sequences of combining characters (from Romanization of Cyrillic and Byzantine legal codes)

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 18:44:57 EDT

    On 09/20/2002 04:44:46 PM Kenneth Whistler wrote:

    >This stuff *can* all be handled with appropriately designed
    >ligations in fonts, so there are options for display:
    >
    ><U+0074, U+0361, U+0073, U+0307>
    >
    > ==>
    > maps via ligation table to:
    >
    >{t-s-tie-ligature-with-dot-above} glyph

    I would consider this an anomolous rendering. It is counter-exemplified by
    figure 7-6 in TUS3.0. I'd be concerned of longer-term problems if we
    decided to say that this was a valid alternate rendering from

    >{t-s-dot-tie-ligature} glyph

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485
    E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>