Re: glyph selection for Unicode in browsers

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 17:58:47 EDT

    On 09/26/2002 03:05:36 PM Tex Texin wrote:

    >The problem I am looking to solve, is to be able to recommend Unicode as
    >best practice for the web.

    Which is a good thing to be concerned with, and all of the issues you raise
    are certainly important.

    >There is a market opportunity here for some industrious individuals...

    I think there are various font technology issues very much in need of
    solution, and preferably by agreement among font vendors (and also platform
    vendors, for certain issues) as to how to go about it. I'm not sure how
    that might come about.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485
    E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>