Re: glyph selection for Unicode in browsers

From: Tex Texin (tex@i18nguy.com)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 12:05:43 EDT

    Jungshik,

    I used characters that should display differently. Some punctuation and
    some like (I think it is) the bone character.

    However, feel free to suggest a list of characters that should be
    distinctive and I'll post a page with them that we can all review
    whether there are differences or not on various platforms, browsers,
    etc.

    I agree for many characters there should be no differences.

    tex

    Jungshik Shin wrote:

    > Actually, you might have had hard time telling the display difference
    > depending on what characters you used for your testing EVEN IF you
    > configured browsers to use different (but with __very similar__ design
    > principles and look/feels) Unicode-cmapped (but NON-pan-script) fonts
    > for TC,SC, J and K *under MS Windows*. This difficulty demonstrates
    > that CJK Unification in Unicode/10646 is not such a big problem as some
    > people tried to make it.
    >
    > Jungshik

    Making e-Business Work Around the World