Re: Sequences of combining characters

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 15:14:02 EDT

    Michael Everson scripsit:

    > I don't see why you wouldn't just let the accent positioning=20
    > properties sort this out. In general if you are stacking accents the=20
    > higher ones appear above and centred over the lower ones.
    >
    > Do they not?

    I would expect later accents to be above earlier ones and centered
    over the base character. This would not produce the right result
    with t, double whatsit, dot above, s; the dot above would be centered
    over the t.

    --
    John Cowan   <jcowan@reutershealth.com>   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
    "One time I called in to the central system and started working on a big