RE: Mac Unicode question

From: Alan Wood (alan.wood@context.co.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 10:42:44 EDT

    David

    I don't think anyone replied to this. As far as I know, these are the only
    applications for Mac OS 9 that can use Windows TrueType fonts:

    1) WorldText, an editor produced by Apple that requires OS 9.1 or later.

    2) SUE (Simple Unicode Editor)
    http://members.tripod.com/%7Etomaszek/sue.html

    3) Pepper, a text editor that runs under both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X 10
    http://www.hekkelman.com/pepper.html

    4) MLTE Demo, a text editor for OS 9
    ttp://www.merzwaren.com/snippets/index.html#mltedemo

    5) Possibly jEdit, a Java text editor for programmers, but I cannot get Java
    to work on my OS 9.2.2
    http://www.jedit.org

    6) Possibly Simredo, a Java text editor, but I cannot get Java to work
    http://www4.vc-net.ne.jp/~klivo/sim/simeng.htm

    Alan Wood
    http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)