Re: Historians- what is origin of i18n, l10n, etc.?

From: David Possin (dave_i18n@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 11:33:23 EDT

    Having gone through CP/M - DOS - Windows 1.x up to today's versions I can
    say i18n or internationalization was never a big term at Microsoft. They
    either talk about globalization for internationalization or localization
    itself - localizable coming closest to i18n. I doubt you will find any i18n
    references, maybe you will find g11n or l10n somewhere.

    Dave