Re: Sorting on number of strokes for Traditional Chinese

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 17:17:33 EDT

    A lot of software that provides language-specific collation (sorting) has radical/stroke-order collation for Chinese.
    Operating systems, databases, and other applications and libraries provide such services.

    As a standalone library, ICU for example provides UCA-based collation with such a tailoring (delta from UCA): http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/icu/source/data/locales/zh_TW_STROKE.txt
    (Homepage: http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/)

    The Unicode standard only provides a default collation for all characters, which may or may not match one or more competing standards for each script.
    See http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr10/

    Best regards,
    markus

    --
    Opinions expressed here may not reflect my company's positions unless otherwise noted.