Unicode Display

From: nandu patil (nandlalpatil@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 01:29:38 EDT

    Hi,
         can you tell me how to display unicode in RichEdit VB Applicatioan. I am trying to develop multilangual application . I will be very glad of you if you will help me for displaying Unicode.
    Thanx a lot
    Bye for now
     Markus Scherer <markus.scherer@jtcsv.com> wrote:David Starner wrote:
    > First, is it compliant with Unicode for an Antiqua font to use an s
    > glyph for ſ (U+017F)? It makes switching between Antiqua and Fraktur
    > fonts possible, and it is arguably the glyph given to the middle s in
    > modern Antiqua fonts.
    >
    > Likewise, ä is printed as a with e above in old texts.* Would it be
    > acceptable to make a font with a a^e glyph for ä? It's not even changing
    > the meaning of the character in any way.

    In my opinion, this is all reasonable and should be allowed.
    Viel Erfolg!

    > As a third case, I looked briefly at information and advocacy of the
    > duodecimal system. Chi and epsilon have been used as glyphs for 10 and ...

    I assume that the answer will be that these things are just alternate uses of existing characters.

    markus

    --
    Opinions expressed here may not reflect my company's positions unless otherwise noted.