Re: "Toned" Greek Capital Vocals

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 14:02:08 EDT

    <evlagoutaris at hotmail dot com> wrote:

    > Most browsers do not support "Toned" Greek Capital Vocals and
    > I can't find this code in Uni-Coding. If you can read greek
    > the letters I'm reffered to are: Έ , Ά , Ύ , Ό , Ώ , Ί
    > and Ή . Is there a code that I can't find?

    But you did provide Unicode code points for these seven letters in your
    message:

    Έ U+0388
    Ά U+0386
    Ύ U+038E
    Ό U+038C
    Ώ U+038F
    Ί U+038A
    Ή U+0389

    Other letters with tonos can be found in the "Greek and Coptic" block at
    U+03xx, in the "Greek Extended" block at U+1Fxx, or by adding U+0301
    COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT to a base vowel.

    As far as the browsers are concerned, it is likely that most *browsers*
    can handle these letters just fine but many *fonts* do not include
    glyphs for them. Go to www.unicode.org and click on "Display Problems?"
    for more information.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California