Re: Unicode plane 14 language tags.

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 15:50:50 EDT

    I'm in the process of writing my own mini-essay, in which I will argue
    strongly against the deprecation of Plane 14 language tags. Betcha that
    doesn't come as a surprise to anyone. It's not quite ready yet, but it
    definitely will be ready long before the November 5 deadline.

    Right off the bat, though, I thank the UTC for initiating this "public
    review" process which allows non-members like me to get their two cents
    in regarding Unicode policies. (Hmm, two American-specific figures of
    speech in one sentence -- perhaps it should have been tagged en-US.)

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California