Re: how to display Unicode

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 07:04:28 EST

    No links to give, just a note to warn you that VB itself converts text that it puts into the RichEdit control from Unicode when it assigns the text.

    Technically the control supports Unicode since its interfaces are Unicode. but this conversion does limit the text that can be supported.

    This makes it impossible through supported means to support any characters not on the default system code page when you are using VB6 (a limitation that has been addressed in VB.Net).

    MichKa