Re: Character identities

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 11:57:50 EST

    William Overington <WOverington at ngo dot globalnet dot co dot uk>
    wrote:

    > Would it be possible to define the U+FE00 variant sequence for a with
    > two dots above it to be a with an e above it, and similarly U+FE00
    > variant sequences for o with two dots above it and for u with two dots
    > above it, and possibly for e with two dots above it as well?

    It would be possible for the Unicode Technical Committee to define such
    a standardized variant, though they have not elected to do so. It would
    *not* be possible for end users such as you or me to do so.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California