RE: In defense of Plane 14 language tags (long)

From: Dominikus Scherkl (Dominikus.Scherkl@glueckkanja.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 12:45:26 EST

    Hi.

    > > 1. Language tags may be useful for display issues.
    > The "user" viewing the text (and preferring 'Japanese-style' glyphs)
    > may be another person than the "user" authoring the text
    Hrrr.
    It's quite clear, that only the author has inserted the tags
    - thus the text will appear to any other user as intended by
    the use of the tags (even to the author as "user").

    I found the arguments quite convincing - why deprecate the tags?
    Noone has till now brought an argument to deprecate them...

    --
    Dominikus Scherkl
    dominikus.scherkl@glueckkanja.com