Re: A .notdef glyph

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 01:23:37 EST

    William Overington <WOverington at ngo dot globalnet dot co dot uk>
    wrote:

    > Here is my design.
    > Point 1 is at (0,0) and is on the curve.
    > Point 2 is at (0,2n) and is off the curve.
    > Point 3 is at (2n,2n) and is on the curve.

    I can't visualize this without knowing which lines are curved and which
    are straight, and without knowing where the origin is.

    Draw an image (smaller than 2048 2048), upload it to your family
    webspace, and post the URL to the list. (Don't send the image to the
    list.)

    John forgot to mention this, but Michael is right: the glyph has to
    signify "not defined" or "glyph not supported" in some way. Just any
    old arbitrary shape may not be sufficient. I kind of like SEUSS LETTER
    WUM myself.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California