Re: Entering Plane 1 characters in XP

From: Andrew C. West (andrewcwest@alumni.princeton.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 12:02:38 EST

    On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:55:37 -0800 (PST), Tex Texin wrote:

    > XP requires the registry change as well.

    I think the whole Registry thing is a red herring. I've never had to set the
    registry to see surrogates under Windows 2K or XP. I've even deleted the
    specified registry keys, and surrogates are still shown OK in IE, Notepad, Word
    etc.

    BTW, any application that uses Uniscribe can display surrogates just fine under
    Windows 9x as well as 2K and XP.

    Andrew