Re: Speaking of Plane 1 characters...

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 15:50:24 EST

    At 12:10 -0700 2002-11-11, John Hudson wrote:
    >Many thanks to the various people who recommended Michael Kaplan's
    >calculator at http://trigeminal.com/16to32AndBack.asp
    >
    >This is excellent and solves my problem.

    Perhaps it is just me, but terms like scalar value just don't mean
    anything to me. It rather reminds me of reptilian skin shedding.

    I visited MichKa's page and tried typing in 10312 (OLD ITALIC LETTER
    KU) and it did convert to a surrogate pair. I wonder what would
    happen if I pasted it into an HTML document. Hmm but I couldn't do
    that until I converted them to UTF-8....

    By the way MichKa if you make the boxes a bit wider the whole string
    of numbers would display.