Re: [OT] RE: Morse code

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 16:54:05 EST

    Peter_Constable@sil.org scripsit:

    > When I was a kid, my family had a 45 with a song called "CQ Serenade"
    > (I've no idea who the performer was, but it was recorded c. 1960). I think
    > our neighbor, who had a ham radio, gave it to us. The refrain went, "Dadit
    > dadit, dadaditdah. Dadit dadit, dadaditdah. What do you hear over the air?
    > The CQ Serenade." Same pronunciation.

    The CQ Serenade came out in 1951.

    MP3 and RealAudio versions, in English, French, and wordless, can be downloaded
    from http://www.kippax.demon.co.uk/. The composer is given as VE2QS,
    and the lyricists as VE2BR (English) and F9KT (French). French lyrics online
    at http://www3.sympatico.ca/ddufault/cq-serenade/cq-serenade.htm .
    English lyrics don't appear to be online as yet.

    --
    John Cowan    http://www.ccil.org/~cowan   <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
        "Any legal document draws most of its meaning from context.  A telegram