Lowercase numerals

From: Thomas Lotze (thomas.lotze@uni-jena.de)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 17:51:43 EST

    Hi,

    I hope I don't start a flamewar or character/glyph encoding discussion
    again, but there's something I don't understand and couldn't find an
    answer to in the FAQ:

    Why is it that while there are both uppercase and lowercase roman
    numerals in the Unicode character set (in the Number Forms range), no
    lowercase arabic numerals (old-style or text figures) are encoded? If
    they are regarded as presentation forms of the uppercase numerals (in
    the Basic Latin range), why is this not the case for their roman
    counterparts?

    Cheers, Thomas

    --
    Thomas Lotze