RE: Anyone who can write Hindi on the Unicode List?

From: Andy White (Andy__White@btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 17:41:20 EST

    > The Unicode office has received this email claiming that our
    > page "What is Unicode in Hindi" is incorrect. Can anyone verify this.

    The Page is correct

    Anirudh Pandya wrote:
    >>... I am
    > > using IE 6 with SP1 installed. I am attaching (an HTML file)
    > > the corrected
    > > spelling of the transliteration of 'Unicode' on the hindi site.

    I think that the problem is that you are viewing the page with the
    ArialUnicode font. To check, in IE select
    Tools/InternetOptions/GeneralTab/Fonts/Devanagari and see what is
    selected.
    You should be able to view Unicode text in web pages correctly on
    Windows 98 (and I think Win 95) or later, if you also have with IE 5 (or
    later), provided that an appropriate Open Type font is also installed.
    For an example OT font you could try installing Raghu available here:
    http://www.nepali.info/nepali/help.asp

    Regards
    Andy