RE: Anyone who can write Hindi on the Unicode List?

From: Joseph Boyle (Boyle@siebel.com)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 18:35:39 EST

    Changing IE6's Devanagari font from Mangal to Arial Unicode MS breaks reordering on my XP, so it looks like the main issue is presence of OpenType reordering info in the font, and not Uniscribe. Arial Unicode MS does not appear to be an OpenType font. Uniscribe is included with IE 5.0 and greater, and while its use might not be automatic in other software, I assume it is in the browser itself.

    This makes it even harder to recommend a single-font solution for displaying Unicode...