Re: Morse code

From: Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin (antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 10:15:37 EST

    On 2002.11.22, 05:31, Doug Ewell <dewell@adelphia.net> wrote:

    > In every large-font rendering of Morse dots and dashes I have ever
    > seen, the dot is round and the dash has square corners.

    Hm, but is that good? I'm sure I'd typeset Morse dot with a square dot,
    if I ever had one. (Actually, ISTR having hacked a font to give myself a
    square middot and have it paired with period and colon -- in a sans
    font, of course; serif periods are also round.)

    > Pardon the flame,

    Was this a flame? :-)

    > there is no need to add characters to Unicode so that Morse code
    > dots and dashes can be rendered in a "visually more pleasing" way.
    > C'mon already.

    I do not disagree.

    -- ____.
    António MARTINS-Tuválkin | ()|
    <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> |####|
    R. Laureano de Oliveira, 64 r/c esq. |
    PT-1885-050 MOSCAVIDE (LRS) Não me invejo de quem tem |
    +351 917 511 549 carros, parelhas e montes |
    http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/ só me invejo de quem bebe |
    http://pagina.de/bandeiras/ a água em todas as fontes |