RE: Proposal to add Bengali Khanda Ta

From: Andy White (Andy__White@btinternet.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 11:23:54 EST

    > > Marco wrote
    >
    > My counter-proposal is:
    >
    > 09A4 + 034F + 09CD [= Khanda Ta]
    > (TA + CGJ + VIRAMA)

    .... ....

    > This "strong" way of encoding Kanda Ta would anyway not
    > exclude the default "soft" formation of KhandaTa at the end
    > of a word, with the simple
    > sequence:
    >
    > 09A4 + 09CD [+ non-character = Khanda Ta]
    > (TA + VIRAMA)

    I thought about your proposal and checked up on the semantics of CGJ. The Standard states,
             "In particular, inserting a combining grapheme joiner between two characters has no effect on their ligation or cursive joining behaviour"
    Would that mean that CGJ should not change the shape of Ta Virama?
    Any way I have a new counter, counter proposal. See my nest message.

    Andy