Re: Localized names of character ranges

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 17:41:04 EST

    This brings up an interesting point. Whereas it may not be cost-effective to
    translate all Unicode character names into different languages, it may well
    be useful to at least translate the Unicode property aliases and property
    value aliases into different languages. That also includes the block names
    (in 4.0).

    While not a trivial task (about 400 terms), it is many, many times easier
    than translating all the significant character names. That might someday be
    worth considering for the Common XML Locale Repository
    (http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/locale/).

    Mark
    http://www.macchiato.com
    ► “Eppur si muove” ◄