Re: New Contributions for meeting 43 in Tokyo

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 11:47:52 EST

    Michael Everson <everson at evertype dot com> wrote:

    > Here some new contributions for meeting 43 including ones from the
    > IRG.
    > N2533
    > Report on first stroke/stroke count by ad hoc group
    > IRG
    > 2002-11-21
    > http://www.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n2533.pdf

    This is actually a .doc file, not a .pdf, and the DWIM ("Do What I
    Mean") filename-substitution feature on the WG2 server inexplicably
    substitutes n2353.pdf instead of the correct n2533.doc.

    That blasted DWIM feature has snookered me several times into reading
    minutes from some IRG ad-hoc meeting from years ago, instead of the
    document I really wanted. A 404 would have been more useful. I hope
    that feature is useful to the WG2 members, because it certainly annoys
    the blazes out of me.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California