Re: Oh No! Not a new Adobe Glyph List!!!

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 11:46:26 EST

    This new AGL simply looks like an error to me. It contains all Adobe's
    in-house production names in addition to the names used for final font
    files. I believe it is possible that someone at Adobe compiled the wrong list.

    I am not aware of anything in Adobe software that favours AGL names above
    uniXXXX names. It is perfectly safe to ignore the AGL completely, even for
    basic Latin characters if you so choose.

    John Hudson

    Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

    A book is a visitor whose visits may be rare,
    or frequent, or so continual that it haunts you
    like your shadow and becomes a part of you.
                            - al-Jahiz, The Book of Animals